Disability Facts and Statistics
According to a recent study, most people estimate they have only a 16% chance of becoming disabled during their working years1 – in spite of the following startling facts2:
- If you’re under age 35, chances are one in three that you will be disabled for at least six months during the course of your career.
- Men have a 43% chance of becoming seriously disabled during their working years.
- Women have a 54% chance.
- At age 42, it is four times more likely that you will become seriously disabled than that you will die during your working years.
- Gallup survey, conducted for UNUM Corporation (508 respondents, aged 30 to 65), reported by Best’s Review.}
- “Why Disability” booklet, published by National Underwrite.
For more disability facts and statistics, check these pages